Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
creative grid ruler >

creative grid ruler

creative grid ruler

Old 06-04-2015, 07:56 AM

Default creative grid ruler

I just ordered the creative grid ruler for the log cabin block, I can't wait for it to come, I am going to make a horse quilt for my friend and looked up the ones that different ladies made on this forum.. I have decided on trying to make one like suenichols made, you can see it in the picture post if you want to look at it.
I did email her and she has been helping me with the measurements of the blocks and told me about the ruler she used to make the log cabin block so I looked it up on you tube and seen a video on how it works. It sure looked like a great ruler, sure hope I still think that after I get it and try it out, you just never know..

I was wondering how many ladies have this ruler and how they like it...It looks like a good one even tho I have lots of rulers and some I have only used a few times, I sure hope this one will help me make perfect log cabin blocks, mine come out a little wonky sometimes.

I can't wait to hear from you ladies that have this ruler and if they like it or not..Thanks
Old 06-04-2015, 09:35 AM

I'll be watching to see what others say, I've been considering it too...
Old 06-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

I have the Curved Log Cabin from Creative Grids. I haven't used it yet. I have the log cabin die for my Go and use that the most. I love log cabin patterns. I like to use small log cabin blocks for a border.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Too many specially rulers that you just use once. I just prefer to stick with the basic rulers. Good Luck and hope you enjoy your new ruler.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:56 PM

I like anything that makes my quilt making more accurate, and the log cabin ruler did just that! You can use it to make three different blocks, and they come out nice and square. Enjoy.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to getting this ruler and try it out, just hope it is a good one..
Old 06-05-2015, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Too many specially rulers that you just use once. I just prefer to stick with the basic rulers. Good Luck and hope you enjoy your new ruler.
Same old same old is good but new is more fun.