Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creative Grid Rulers

Creative Grid Rulers

Do you use them? Do you like them?

Banned
    they work well. however, best not to mix rulers for your routine measuring and cutting. I feel it is ok if getting a speciality ruler such as triangles, etc but best to stay with one brand for your routine cutting. Why??? Because not all rulers are the same and measurements are sometime slightly off. So one must know the quirks on the ruler.
    Some marks are wider than others and could give you less or more space in the cutting.
    I hav learned to alighn the mark on the left side (greater) side of the mark. This gives me a better and full cut. Cutting on the smaller side (usually the right) could cut off your scant 1/4" in piecing.

The thing that I like most about the Creative Grid rulers has to be the finer marking lines that are printed on them. As a former mechanical draftsman the narrower marking lines cut down on the margin of error. As was stated by Holice, it can make a difference whether you use the left, right, or middle of the marks. noaw maybe I am splitting hairs, but anything I can do to reduce errors, I am going to use.

The first ruler I bought was a Creative Grid. I love them and I have been working on building my collection. I don't go in for the specialty rulers (although I do have Easy Angles) so I purchase the basics and then I've added from there. I love them. The marks are easy to see for me.

creative grid is my mostest favoritest ruler that i own. most accurate as described by masonsdad.. want to replace most of the others when i have the money.
    pdcakm alias pat
    If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

Banned
    Blog Entries
    be aware that CG rulers are also in the process of being CHANGED again!

Blog Entries
    I use them and I love them!
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

I LOVE them! The Quick Trim Ruler is my new favorite. As for someone saying that they are changing again, a lot of them have already been changed to the new design and this ruler is one that has already changed.

Blog Entries
    Love them. Can see the lines better than other rulers
    Sewflower

I have two of them (different lengths) and I love them. Have other rulers, but the others which are not Creative Grid- have not seen much use in the past few years. When I sew 1900 1.5" squares together, I want every one of them to be the same, and using the same ruler in a consistent manner assures this.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast