Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: creative grids 60 degree ruler opinions

creative grids 60 degree ruler opinions

Looking at the 12" version. Any opinions on this one? Thanks.

I don't typically make anything with blocks that big. I have a 6 inch( actually 6 1/2) 60 degree and its plenty big for my purposes. A 6 inch will yield a 12 inch block.

I bought one, and I'm not happy with it. I'm not 100% sure it's Creative grids, but the one I have is marked for the length of the sides. There are no markings that allow you to cut from, for example, 5" strips. You have to use the ruler, pick the size of triangle you want (by edge length), mark the fabric height and then cut your strip at whatever width that works out to. I would much have prefered, for my last project, to know what size triangles I'd get from a 5" strip.

ETA: Looks like mine is not Creative Grids, as they specifically say it measures height, not side lenght. So, looks like a good buy to me.

I think the one you bought is for the table runner you make with border fabric.