Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: Cross Stitched Pictures in a Quilt

Blog Entries
    I think that's a great idea. I have several pieces that I cross-stitched myself several years ago. They're a series of animals that I had intended to frame in groups of 3 (12 altogether). Now I'm thinking...maybe I could get them out of the closet and put them into a wall-quilt.

Nice idea...thanks!! :D

JNCT14, be sure to show your table topper when you finish it! I have a feeling it will be gorgeous.

Wendy

DJ beautiful ideas and work.

I would worry about washing them, so wallhangins would be the way to go, maybe put a fusible backing on those squares to bond the threads from the stitches.

I have just started a cross-stitched quilt. I am not using previously cross stitched blocks. I am using waste cloth to stitch my patterns on cotton, then will incorporate my blocks into a quilt.

You completed those "blocks" as a labor of love. I wouldn't want to see them "gotten rid of." If framed, and you don't want them, perhaps they could be donated to a nursing home to brighten the room of a resident.... or if more appropriate... to a shelter for children/families.

Will be looking forward to answers as to how this quilt might hold up. :-)

When my youngest son was in seminary, I xstitched 12 blocks. Since he was single, I used a variety of greens for the rest of the blocks. I paid someone to do the quilting for me. It turned out gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Grandmother
    I recently finished a wall hanging using cross stitched pictures. They are beaded and are approximately 6 1/2 inches square. Because of the beading they are heavier than most cross stitched pictures. I wish that I had used fusible batting instead of regular batting. I agree with the suggestion of using fusible interfacing. I have included pictures of the wall hanging.
    What beautiful cross stitch. It made a great quilt. Love it.

I have made a quilt with Cross Stitch. Here is a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have never used anything but aida clth to do cross stitich. Do you have to use a printed pattern to do it on a regular cotton quilting material? Do you have to buy patterns or can you draft your own and if so, how?

The quilt I posted the cross stitch is done on aida. You just put the quilt together just like any other quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by JNCT14
    I have never used anything but aida clth to do cross stitich. Do you have to use a printed pattern to do it on a regular cotton quilting material? Do you have to buy patterns or can you draft your own and if so, how?

Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
    Have you ever put a cross-stitched picture in your quilt.

I've got a bunch of cross stitched pictures I made and collected over the years.

Trying to decide what to do with them...options include, putting them in a quilt, framing them for a child's room, or getting rid of them.
    The center of this quilt was cross-stitched onto a cotton fabric with the tear-away cloth for counted cross-stitch. It washed up very nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12