Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
curious >

curious

curious

Old 06-01-2012, 02:56 PM

I have been working on one for the last couple of months. I bought a laser cut kit, I hate the cutting part. It is still taking time to sew each of the pieces into the arches but at least I did not spend hours cutting the hundreds of pieces from a template.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:19 PM

I agree with bakermom. That is how I am going to make one, so I don't have to deal with the curves in seams. You can topstitch the wedding rings down with clear thread, and it looks like you hand sewed them on!

Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
Eleanor Burns does a video showing how to make one in her "Egg Money Quilts". she uses Quiltsmart interfacing and a wedge template
Old 06-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Carla79 View Post
Sorry for all the jumbled words gotta love getting used to new phones lol...
NOT lovin' it! I just upgraded from a Blackberry to a 'smart' phone and there is nothing smart about it! Plus I now keep pressing random screens assuming they are all touch screens. And my fingers are too fat to 'type' on it. And I lisp a little so it doesn't 'get' all of my voice.

Any way I am saving your post as my daughter might get married and I will make them one!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:20 PM

Elonar Burns has one Ive done before.I believe its in the "Egg Money" quilt book.It was very easy to follow and assemble.Give it a try.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:36 AM

Try a book that is called Rings that Bind. Can't remember the author. The book is still packed in the multiple boxes in the middle of my unfinished sewing room. Simply put it is a double wedding ring that is quilted as you go and when you put on the last circle it is DONE! It is made with strip sets and then using the arch template cutting the 4 pieces that make the circle. Then stitched to the circle backing, layered with batting and front square. Quilt the front square then put 2 circles together back to back and stitch across. Fold over the outer edge and stitch down making the interlocking circles. I am working on one now. Acutally have been for the past 7 years. Hope to fininsh it by my daughters 8th anniversary in September. We keep moving or other life issues keep getting in the way.