Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Curious >

Curious

Curious

Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM

Just curious, different ones have mentioned making quilts for their husbands. I can't imagine what my sweet hubby would do with one. He fully supports my quilting habit and sleeps under one of my quilts every night (the one in my avatar), but I'm not sure what he would do with one if I gave it to him. What do your husbands do with theirs?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

Some men like a lap quilt while watching t.v. or when he goes hunting or even fishing maybe.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:25 AM

My husband is a napper when he can be. lol He likes to kick back and nap in his chair or on the couch. His quilt is normally folded up and hung over the back of the chair. We also keep the house on the cool side of normal because we have two asthmatic kids and if they get over heated they start to cough and he is kinda a cold soul so even if hes not napping he is still covered. So there are always quilts hanging out all over the house just waiting for someone to drag around.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 AM

I had my DH go to the quilt shop and pick out the colors he liked for a blooming 9 patch. I made it and now he says it's his quilt! He was very proud of the colors he chose and how awesome it turned out.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:29 AM

Cuddles up with when watching TV. Men do like quilts.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:31 AM

My bf "displays" his quilt on the back of our couch. It was his christmas present the first christmas we were together - before there was even a couch!!!!

Whenever someone comments on it he proudly tells them them that I made it for him, and it "inspired" the rest of the living room!!

I love that he loves it so much -- I think that's why he gave me my own sewing space!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153821.jpe  
Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by MarthaT
Just curious, different ones have mentioned making quilts for their husbands. I can't imagine what my sweet hubby would do with one. He fully supports my quilting habit and sleeps under one of my quilts every night (the one in my avatar), but I'm not sure what he would do with one if I gave it to him. What do your husbands do with theirs?
Same here! My husband loves sleeping under one, but the only time I've seen him use one not on a bed is when he is sick. He is not a napper, usually only sleeps upstairs in bed. He also fully supports my quilting, though & we have a lot of quilts around the house. I think his favorite quilts of mine to use are in our camper.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 AM

My husband has 4 quilts and likes to switch them out through the year. He loves them.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 AM

My honey would show it off every chance he got, take naps with it, he would cherish it. Someday he'll get one. He loves my creations. I think you would be surprised at your honeys response. I have men asking me to make quilts all the time because there wives refuse to sew. I'm currently making one for my dad. And I'm pretty sure he'll display it in his den.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:37 AM

I've made 2 quilts for my husband. One is on the couch so that he can lay down to watch TV or take a short snooze and the other is on our bed.

I made one for my 28yo nephew that goes EVERYWHERE he goes. It is always on his bed, goes deer hunting with him, camping and the like. He is so proud of that quilt. I had made one for him as a wedding gift but when the marriage broke up the wife took the quilt with her and my nephew was absolutely heart broken.

One for my BIL that remains on his couch for when he goes on a snooze fest. His wife tried to put it away once and from what I hear that stunt will not happen again.

One for my 8yo nephew that goes everywhere with him.

My FIL keeps his quilt with him. He has lost so much weight, well over 100lbs due to illness, he is always cold.

Trust me, they find all kinds of ways to use these quilts.