Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cute Cheater Quilt >

Cute Cheater Quilt

Cute Cheater Quilt

Old 01-29-2016, 03:22 PM

Default Cute Cheater Quilt

A friend of mine at work saw what I made for a co-worker and would like one for her daughter. What would you charge for this. Cheater quilt 36 by 44.
Attached Thumbnails web.jpg  
Old 01-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

How long did it take you? How much do you make per hour at work? Don't charge any less, and add in ALL your costs. Be sure to include batting and thread. If they balk at that price, don't do it. 1) You don't want to under value your skills and 2) if you price it too low, you will be inundated with requests.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

cute quilt i dont know about a price i dont quilt for others!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:17 PM

Would sort of depend on the area where you live, based on the cost of living and general prices. Another way is to look on Ebay and see what the same size quilt with equal work is selling for. Time and materials need to be factored in. I would think a quilt that is pieced or appliqued should sell for twice what a preprinted panel does, due to the extra work and time invested. I'd suggest you make a couple and put prices on them, rather than taking an order. You can make what you want, in the colors you choose, and keep track of your cost and time. Put a price on each and show them to the person asking. That saves you having to try to please them, and they can take it or leave it at the price you set. Also it avoids any gossip or hurt feelings in the work place. If they don't buy what you offer, then you have a couple on hand for gifting later. Also be sure to take them to work on payday, so there is no hassel when it comes to getting paid. The quilt doesn't leave your right hand until the money is in your left! These are some tips from my own experience when I was still working.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:25 PM

Very cute. I never call a panel anything but a panel. Don't under estimate yourself! Like others have said, your time and materials are worth exactly what you paid for them. Don't sell yourself short!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:36 PM

Sweet quilt! But I know nothing about pricing.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:39 PM

If it's a smaller panel that I quilted and bound, I'd probably charge whatever the materials cost plus the time to quilt it and put it together. For me, it would probably be at least $75 to $100. As was mentioned, don't make the price so cheap that you get multiple requests for the same sort of thing. That happened to someone I know with tshirt quilts. All of a sudden everyone wanted one because she didn't charge enough (in my opinion).
Old 01-29-2016, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

A darling quilt. If you don't mind making it then I would not overcharge. I have made and given away over 125 quilts. I would never charge and I don't take request.
My fabric, pattern, size and colors.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:16 AM

I have no idea what to charge but it is a cheater panel so I would guess that a pieced quilt would cost more. I would charge for supplies and how much time you spent on it. Adorable panel if I must say so. Really, really cute. Good luck.