Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting 1.5" squares

accuquilt also has a 1 1/2 inch block die. I bought mainly to make 1 1/2 inch blocks for the postage stamp swaps.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Martelli also has a 1 1/2 strip rule and a strip template with several sizes cut into it.

I dug out my old Sizzix machine that I used in scrapbooking before I got my Cricut. It cuts wonderful squares. Sure am glad I didn't throw it out!

I just got the AccuQuilt Go at SewforLess.com for 199 w/free shipping. it's still on sale. Just couldn't beat the price. I haven't used it very much yet, but I have big plans for it.

Blog Entries
    I haven't found the 1 1/2" die at Accuquilt. All I found was the 2" square that finishes at 1 1/2".
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    My favorite cutter for any size would be my HUBBIE... He always does a fantastic job, and I love watching him work..

I just used a regular ruler and cut 4000 squares this morning

I purchased the Sizzix recently. I got a die that cuts 1", 1 1/2", 2" and 2 1/4" fabric squares. I just love it! The die # is 654984. It says on the side Squares #2. You can stack around 6 pieces of fabric on that die and it just slices it perfectly. Love my Sizzix!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    I purchased the Sizzix recently. I got a die that cuts 1", 1 1/2", 2" and 2 1/4" fabric squares. I just love it! The die # is 654984. It says on the side Squares #2. You can stack around 6 pieces of fabric on that die and it just slices it perfectly. Love my Sizzix!
    Thanks for the reply- this does look like a good die to have, but it wouldn't have worked for this project. I needed 4,000 1.5" squares- cutting all the others would have been a lot of waste, and precutting my fabric to just get the small square would have taken a lot of time.

It took me about half-day to cut all the squares, so I don't think too bad timewise. I folded my fabric in 4 layers, so that helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Thanks for the reply- this does look like a good die to have, but it wouldn't have worked for this project. I needed 4,000 1.5" squares- cutting all the others would have been a lot of waste, and precutting my fabric to just get the small square would have taken a lot of time.

It took me about half-day to cut all the squares, so I don't think too bad timewise. I folded my fabric in 4 layers, so that helped a lot.
    You don't have to cut any of the other sizes! You just lay the fabric over the 1 1/2" square shape! It would take too long to cut all you need with only one shape on the die. I got this die to cut my left over scraps. I only use the 1 1/2" and 2". It really cuts them beautifully and accurately. I agree with others that say use the June Taylor Shape Cut! You can cut 1 1/2" strips, turn them sideways and cut the other direction. That would go real fast! I use it all the time if I need a lot of squares.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast