Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting applique, cricut vs sizzix /accuquilt >

Cutting applique, cricut vs sizzix /accuquilt

Cutting applique, cricut vs sizzix /accuquilt

Old 11-15-2016, 07:51 PM

Uncle Gravy--I think the Silhouette Cameo's PixScan mat allows you to scan or put a drawn picture or one cut from another source, into the computer for cutting. The special mat allows calibration to occur and cut accurately.

i know they have upgraded the Cameo, but my original one did not allow SVG files without a $50 software upgrade. One nice thing I've found is I can use any text on my computer for alpha or numbers with Cameo.

So tell me more about the TerialMagic--does it allow turned edged? I've always just used a lightweight fusible before cutting with the Cameo, but would like a way to turn edge on some appliques.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
Uncle Gravy--I think the Silhouette Cameo's PixScan mat allows you to scan or put a drawn picture or one cut from another source, into the computer for cutting. The special mat allows calibration to occur and cut accurately.

i know they have upgraded the Cameo, but my original one did not allow SVG files without a $50 software upgrade. One nice thing I've found is I can use any text on my computer for alpha or numbers with Cameo.

So tell me more about the TerialMagic--does it allow turned edged? I've always just used a lightweight fusible before cutting with the Cameo, but would like a way to turn edge on some appliques.
I do have the Silhouette that uses SVG files. You can scan or even take a picture on the special mat and cut it.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:29 PM

Thanks, I'll look into the silhouette too. I hope to buy my choice soon and hope to get a good sale at the end of this month.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
No, I've only used it for fusible appliques. TerialMagic will stiff the fabric to make more consistent cuts. I always had issues with tearing and pulling up until I started spraying with that stuff, ironing and then cutting. This video explains it. https://youtu.be/usI-AoEL34g
Old 11-22-2016, 01:23 PM

Have you experimented with Best Press? I use their unscented version due to allergies and am concerned about Terial Magic because there is no unscented version. I am considering either a Brother Scan n Cut or Janome Artistic Edge 15. I do turned under applique, quilt blocks, and paper piecing, so need to stabilize the fabric without using Heat n Bond, etc. Thanks!