Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting Board Problems >

Cutting Board Problems

Cutting Board Problems

Old 08-26-2011, 06:09 AM

Check out Walmart. I was in one yesterday and they had one of the larger ones on sale for $17! Good luck!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by cassie69emt
Somewhere on this board it has been said how to renew your board by soaking it in water .Help anyone know what i am talking about. LOL. I don't have a bathtub so I have not tried this as of yet I am trying to figure out a way to soak it. :mrgreen:
I lay mine on the dining table on top of a large towel. I use a small amount of dish detergent and distilled water. I use a soft brush and go over the mat. Let it sit for 5 min, then go over it with distilled water alone. let that sit, till dry and then go over it with a quilt board sanding stone. Good as new!!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 AM

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discou...tting-mats.htm

they are on sales right now until the end of October. I don't need one but if someone does...........
Old 08-26-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
Somewhere on this board it has been said how to renew your board by soaking it in water .Help anyone know what i am talking about. LOL. I don't have a bathtub so I have not tried this as of yet I am trying to figure out a way to soak it. :mrgreen:
I lay mine on the dining table on top of a large towel. I use a small amount of dish detergent and distilled water. I use a soft brush and go over the mat. Let it sit for 5 min, then go over it with distilled water alone. let that sit, till dry and then go over it with a quilt board sanding stone. Good as new!!
What is a quilt board sanding stone? thanks
Old 08-26-2011, 05:58 PM

50% coupon in holiday flyer.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
Originally Posted by EagarBeez
What is a quilt board sanding stone? thanks
sanding disc... I call it sanding stone
Old 08-28-2011, 12:08 PM

thank you thank you I did not relize that you could clean your cutting board, What a smart people we have on this board, to ask the right answers and then all the cool tips. I just love this board,
Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 PM

The back of my board is black with gray markings. I find it very difficult to read the black lines on my ruler against the black of the cutting board so I never use that side. Is there a way to sand or paint the board so it is not so dark?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:25 PM

I had the same problem with large white one from Joanns; I only it a month or two when I noticed it. I don't think it's self healing. I started using my old mat again.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:12 AM

My cutting mat is bad too. I made the mistake of cutting batting on it and it stuck in the cutting grooves...can't get it out no matter what I do. Now I have the skipping problem too.