Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cutting Edge Sharpening Edge Ruler by Sullivans

saf

Cutting Edge Sharpening Edge Ruler by Sullivans

Rotary blades are quite expensive here in the UK and DH has offered to by me a sharpening edge ruler by Sulllivans. Has anyone used these rulers? I have several square rulers already and I think that perhaps I would be better off buying some sort of blade sharpener. All opinions and advice welcome please.

I heard that the blade sharpeners are not that great. There are a few threads here discussing the pros and cons of various blade sharpeners. I do not have one so I cannot speak from personal experience. All I can say is good luck and I will be watching the thread to find out about the sharpening edge ruller.
    I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me
    The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me
    I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose
    I've been battered, but I'll never bruise

I haven't personally tried them but have read quite a few poor reviews. Have you tried the blades from Harbor Freight? I have had wonderful luck with them, although some people have reportedly gotten poor quality blades. They are so much cheaper that I think it's worth the risk.

The sharpening paper that is on the side of the ruler wears out pretty quickly and you are left with just a ruler. Not worth the extra money.

Blog Entries
    I don't use my rotary cutter as much as I use to since I got the Go but this sharpener really works for me.
    I sharpen my blade before each big cutting job and several times during. I seldom have to change blades unless I nick one.
    http://www.joann.com/truecut-rotary-...prd_10559920a/
    Got fabric?

Power Poster
    ​Wow that sharpener looks very interesting Bellaboo. Something to use a 50% coupon on for sure!

Don't waste your money. I have one..it doesn't sharpen, the sharpening edge thing comes loose, falls off and you're left with a regular ruler.

Blog Entries
    I buy blades in bulk on eBay for significantly less per blade than I can get in retail stores. This is a lot easier for me than trying to sharpen blades.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I buy them 10 at a time from Hancocks of Paducah for a lot less than 1 or 5 at a time. Do they ship internationally?

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Blog Entries
    A professional knife sharpener told me to always sharpen a sharp blade and it will never get dull. I use the same principal with my housework. Always clean a clean house and it will never get dirty (I'm a life long flybaby) http://www.flylady.net/
    Got fabric?