Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cutting machines >

cutting machines

cutting machines

Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 AM

Default cutting machines

I am interested in cutting machines. I would like advice on the Stixx as compared to the Aquiquilt Go. The stixx is so much cheaper and is intended for paper but they claim it cuts fabric as well and the advantage being it does take other dies from other companies. Does it work well? Please let me know what you have learned and what you think I should invest in.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 AM

The Sizzix Big Shot and Big Shot Pro both cut quilting fabric and Sizzix makes dies specifically for quilting. Have you checked out their website? Here's the link to their quilting section. http://www.sizzix.com/shop/sizzixquilting Sign up for the emails because they have specials every Tuesday, often 40% off a product. Also, there are yahoo groups you can join for both Accuquilt and Sizzix quilting. I have learned a lot from these two groups. One thing I'll mention is that the 6" wide accuquilt dies do not work on the Big Shot because the accuquilt dies are actually a bit wider than 6" and won't fit.

I have the Accuquilt Baby Go. I almost bought the Big Shot but found a great package price on the Baby that I couldn't pass up. However, if I ever get a bigger system, I'm going to look really hard at the Big Shot Pro. Laura
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

I have the Go and Go Baby. I would say buy the Go machines because it was made for quilting fabric and for using the dies made for it, all made with a quilter in mind.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:11 PM

I have a Sizzix Big Shot Pro that I use with Accuquilt dies. I have to use an adapter for them but they are easy to find, cost about the same as Sizzix dies, and I already had a bunch of them from my Accuquilt which was replaced by the manufacturer then I sold the replacement. If Sizzix had a die I needed that I couldn't get through Accuquilt I'd buy it, but so far Accuquilt dies work for everything I need.