Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: cutting mats

here is a question for everyone. I am looking at getting a larger cutting mat and there are tons out there. At Jo Anns there is this June Tailer cutting mat. It doesn't say self healing and it feels like it is just a piece of plastic. I was just wondering if this would be a good one to get or if I should spend the extra money and get one of the self healing mats and which one is probably the best for the money?

GOOD QUESTION,,,,,I'LL BE WAITING TO HEAR WHAT THE OTHERS SAYS.

Please get a self-healing mat. Otherwise, your mat will be cut up and catch on your fabric.

I have a non-self-healing mat from a long time ago. Wouldn't use it for quilting. It looks like it was in a slasher film.

I have a "DuraHeal" mat. It's the blue one. It has been wonderful. I think the June Taylor is ok, most of the folks here have the Olfa ones (green and smelly)

if any of you notice there is a like for a place that sells cutting mats at the bottom and I just went and they don't tell you the price, you can't see the different sizes and you can't even put anything into your cart. it is ****** annoying right now.

I think I have one of those also, it's a foldable one, and it's in sad shape, but I don't know why I keep it. I guess I thought that I could break it into two smaller mats.

I have the DuraHeal also and love it.

Green, gray, blue --- as long as it's self healing it's okay. I have a June Tailor that I use to roll out and cut homemade noodles on, wouldn't dream of using it for fabric because I use mine a lot and I don't think it would hold up.

Blog Entries
    I have the June Taylor blue one and don't like it as much as my self healing mat . I think the blue plastic dulls the rotary blades quicker

Get the self healing. And when you have fuzz stripe use a piece of window screen. Fold in half and rub away. The best is a hone stone to sharpen knives it rubs away everything.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast