Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16

Thread: Cutting Table Ideas

I bought 2 cabinets from Habitat for Humanity, painted them up and put a door on top, It's probably 60' x 36"
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I purchased a 6 foot folding table from Staples years ago.. being 5'8 , I placed the legs on bed risers and it works great for me. the height came to 36"- which is the height of kitchen cabinets.

Blog Entries
    I am attaching a picture of my cutting table. My space is limited, but the base is an old computer metal desk, set up on bed risers to 36" (I am 5'7"). My dh cut a piece of good grade plywood to fit the area 24 x 48, it extends past the desk top. We wanted to make it 30 x 60 but the space didn't allow for it. using plywood as a top to an old desk works well as the top can be made to fit the area and, and for me as the picture shows that I have space to store lots of "stuff" below. Next to it, is a nice comfy chair to use when I need to draw, read, or rest. I have to fight "hazel" the dog to sit there. She thinks it is there for her!! My eave is tiny, and cramped, but I love it, it my first sewing area just for me in 45 years!!! The area is messy, but it is mine!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by nhweaver; 01-18-2012 at 04:34 AM.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I'm pretty fortunate - I was able to get an Ikea kitchen island that I'd been wanting for years. It's sturdy and has storage. I love it. That being said - there are some amazing ideas posted here. It's so much fun to look at these posts and see what everyone can come up with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I use a Kitchen Cart that is counter top height. It is ideal because it hold a 36" x 24" cutting mat and has drop leaves on either side if I need more space. My room is small and this is ideal.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16