Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting Table Ideas

I am just completing a new sewing quilting room and need ideas for a large cutting table. Can any of you post pictures and ideas that have worked for you? I need a little help with this part. I don't want to make any mistakes since I will only get the chance once. Help me if you can.

Blog Entries
    yes, I would also like to know what is the ideal height

yes - can't wait to see responses.

I have a cutting table that I just love, I ordered it about 20 years ago but don't remember where from. Saw a picture in quilting book I think. Anyway, it is 40 wide x 72 long and 34-1/2 high. Center section is 18 in wide with drawer under the table and storage below that, and a leaf on each side that can drop down.. when you don't need it up. I keep one leaf up all the time, giving me a 45-1/2 x 40 cutting surface.. I am about 5ft 2 or 3 in tall and do not have problems at the 34-1/2 in height of the table.

I'm not exactly sure what the height should be but measure the height from the floor to the top of your kitchen countertop and that should be the right height. I don't have a cutting table, use the kitchen island.

I have the cutting table from Joann's. I love it! and with the coupons its not to bad as far as price goes.

Kitchen island here as well. Perfect height and mine is 5 ft long and 42 inches wide....just great for me.

I am considering a premade island at our local building supply store. It is the perfect size and has drawers too. Just waiting to save up..LOL

Blog Entries
    I've used the kitchen counter cause there's plenty of room for the extra length.
    In my sewing room I have an old dress that is the right height with a 3' mat on top.

Blog Entries
    depending on your height... i'm 5'4" and i find that the kitchen counter works very well... i have a large peninsula.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast