Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting table from Joanns >

Cutting table from Joanns

Cutting table from Joanns

Old 03-22-2011, 04:20 AM

Sorry to hear you got a lemon. I got mine a few years ago and with my wheels locked it doesn't move around. I guess I wasn't expecting a dining table like sturdy cutting table just judging from the construction and all the metal parts, but then again I don't have the whole table up either just one side and it's against the wall. I never considered this table wobbly. I put mine together all by myself too and I use it for cutting and it's just fine.

I'd take it back too.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 AM

I have a wonderful cutting table that I have had for fifteen years.
It's large with two dropleafs and very sturdy. However, have you ever thought to buy a second hand dropleaf table in good condition? It's important that it is well made and sturdy. You can always refinish, or paint the table itself. If it's not the proper height, you can pick up some risers from Walmart, etc. to extend it. Then use the largest cutting mat that will fit on one of the leafs, scotch tape it done and that keeps the mat handy and free from curling up. When not using, just drop the the leaf and it stores itself. Hope that helps. Eileen
Old 03-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Possible Table Solution for some:

I agree that the newer tables don't seem to have the same quality as the older tables. For those that do have these tables there is a solution. Have your DH get some pvc pipe to make legs the heighth that you want the table to be. Then he can put a end cap for the leg bottom and the insert flange for the pipe to fit into. Depending on the size of the pipe there are some that have screw ends. I have a table made with the metal pipe this way and it is very study and is currently holding a ton of boxes in preparation for moving.

With the screwable leg tops they can be removed so that the table drop sides can be lowered and the table kept in a smaller space. This is one way of using the table tops. I would also see if changing out the wheels might be a good thing to do as well. You might be able to put different feet on that would slid instead of roll.

Pam M
Old 03-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Sorry you're having trouble with it. I bought mine Black Friday 2009 and it works great. I cut on it all the time.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 PM

I've had one for 5-6 years and love it--use it for cutting mostly. Doesn't wobble at all. Sorry yours isn't working for you :cry:
Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

Sorry about your table! We are neighbors, I'm in Almont. And we are both princesses! :-D