Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlene Chocolates/Fons Porter/and YOU...gotta READ!

Senior Member Darlene loves Chocolates's Avatar
    IT HAS BEEN NEARLY SEVEN MONTHS SINCE I HAD BRAIN SURGERY, BUT SOME DAYS IT SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY.

I HAVE BEEN LURKING AROUND THE QB FOR SOME TIME NOW, BUT YET TO WRITE ANY NOTES.

MY SPELLING AND THOUGHT PROCESS IS OFF….IT IS EASIER TO LOOK AT YOUR LOVELY PICTURES FOR A FEW MINUTES AND COME BACK LATER....

MY SEWING MACHINE IS OUT AND I AM SEWING SIMPLE 6 INCH BLOCKS TOGETHER SOMETIMES.

I LOVE COLORS AND RIGHT NOW MY COLOR VISION IS STILL KINDA FUNKY…THE COLORS ARE NOT TRUE. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY, AS THE COLORS FADES AS I AM SEWING OR AS I AM LOOKING AT THEM.

THIS MORNING, I WAS UP WATCHING Fons and Porter (cover quilt - Interlocking Stars 1711)….THINKING HEY I WANT TO DO THAT QUILT! OOPS, I CAN’T SEE THAT WELL YET….BUT OF COURSE I DECIDED TO CHECK THE WEB SITE OF Fons and Porter FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS….IT IS NICE TO DREAM….THAT IS SOME NICE QUILT….

THIS IS A SHORT NOTE FROM DARLENE LOVES CHOCOLATES AND I AM DOING WELL….JUST DREAMING OF THE Fon's and Porter's QUILT FROM THIS MORNING.

IN MY HOME, I HAVE THE GET WELL CARDS ON MY COUNTER AND THE GIFTS ON MY LIVING ROOM TABLE AND THE PRAYERS IN MY HEART.

THIS IS VERY VERY FUNNY BUT RATHER TRUE, WHEN I LOOK AT MY FABRIC I GET A HUGH SMILE ON MY FACE....

THIS QB IS THE REASON FOR MY STASH....

FOR MY BIG HUGH STASH, I HAVE THE BEST STASH IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! THAT I CAN SEE....

I CAN SEE THAT VERY EASY.

ONE OF THE LADIES IN MY SEWING CIRCLE DID HELP ME FINISH A SMALL QUILT FROM THE 6 INCH BLOCKS.

MOST OF THE 6 INCH KIDDIE BLOCKS CAME FROM PEOPLE ON THE QB....THIS QUILT IS FOR MY GRAND DAUGHTER.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENCOURAGING ME TO SEW AND QUILT.....AND LIVE!

Blog Entries
    My prayers are with you and before long you will make that quilt from this morning

Bless you. You are an inspiration.

Blog Entries
    I am a relative newbie on the board, but I'm thrilled to hear that you're doing ok and hope that you continue to progress well. I expect to begin to see your name on more messages as you feel better and better!

Blog Entries
    Prayers for your continued recovery!! I think in "quiltese" the saying is, "One block at a time..."

Keep quilting!!

Just to know that you still have the desire is so inspirational.So from the bottom of my heart I wish you all that life has to give.
    God Bless, much love and Happy Easter. :)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltSage
    Bless you. You are an inspiration.
    :thumbup:

What a wonderful inspiring message to read Darlene. You probably have no idea how many hearts your words will touch. Hearing your story is uplifting and is a true quilter's Easter gift.

Just keep taking it one step at a time, and before long you will have your little grand baby a quilt. Then what a sense of accomplishment you will have!

Darlene, glad to finally see you here. I hope your well and heeling more and more each day. Glad your also sewing.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast