Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
daughters wedding quilt >

daughters wedding quilt

daughters wedding quilt

Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 PM

My daughter's wedding is next week and I don't have her quilt done! I started it in January, I got burned out and just quit !
I know I must finish this, so I don't disappoint them.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Oh my goodness! You must have so much on your plate right now as mother of the bride!!! Yeek!

Ok, so get off the board and get that quilt done....there, was I any help??? LOL

Best of luck, I am sure you will get it done, I will cheer you on! Go Donna, go Donna, Rah, rah, rah!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 PM

You know, it is "ok" to get their gift to them later or even when they get back from their honeymoon. Don't stress over the quilt. There are too many other things to worry about and I'm sure that they will understand. I have married off 3 daughters in the last 4 years and there was no way that I could work on a quilt during the last weeks before the wedding. The week before we had guests starting to arrive.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:48 PM

I bet if you asked, they wouldn't mind if the quilt came later. Besides it's summer now and they don't need it to keep warm! The only reason daughter #2 got hers on time was cuz my machine was gone for servicing for a month.LOL
Don't rush it or you're liable to make a stupid mistake and that wouldn't be good for you. Enjoy the upcoming week and finish it later.
Christmas could be good!
kathyd
Old 08-10-2011, 08:09 PM

Don't fret Mom, you have enough to think about right now. It's acceptable for gifts to be given after the wedding. With the temperatures pushing 100 every day, who needs a quilt anyway?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:16 PM

Take a good photo, make a sample block or a swatch card and give them if you don't finish in time.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

Maybe it is ok to shoot for Christmas? My DD is getting married Saturday. We are doing everything for the wedding, ceremony back yard, cooking food for 100 and party at our place. the quilt will be a Christmas pressent. She got engaged July 4 th there is just no way I can do it all.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I made one of my daughters wedding dress and it took forever. I worked on it for at least 6 months. I also had a bridesmaid dress to do and two flower girls dresses. I have sewn forever, but never anything like these. The wedding dress was all hand beaded and pretty much done in time, but my daughter lost weight so it had to be taken in at the last minute. That was tricky. Luckily my mom came down a few days early and just sat down and asked what she could do to help. Thank goodness.

I think gifts like that are the best ever.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Maybe it is ok to shoot for Christmas? My DD is getting married Saturday. We are doing everything for the wedding, ceremony back yard, cooking food for 100 and party at our place. the quilt will be a Christmas pressent. She got engaged July 4 th there is just no way I can do it all.
I'm doing alot also! DD is getting married and reception at our house, outdoor with a sit down dinner and we are still figuring out where the tent is going! It is so big , where my dd wants it I don't think it will fit. Baking cookies today I think will make over 1000. I know that sounds silly to most, but in Pennsylvania that is the most expected at the reception. It's a very big deal. Wedding cookies! So busy today with that. My daughter lives in NYC so she's not here.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Katia
I know exactly how you feel. I made one of my daughters wedding dress and it took forever. I worked on it for at least 6 months. I also had a bridesmaid dress to do and two flower girls dresses. I have sewn forever, but never anything like these. The wedding dress was all hand beaded and pretty much done in time, but my daughter lost weight so it had to be taken in at the last minute. That was tricky. Luckily my mom came down a few days early and just sat down and asked what she could do to help. Thank goodness.

I think gifts like that are the best ever.
I wanted to make her dress also but since I started quilting I kinda forgot how to sew. After Paying over $350 just for alterations, wish I did make it and forget the quilt . Wish I could have more help.