Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15

Thread: David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!!

I have a couple of them in different sizes and I love them. They make cutting strips easy since my hands sometimes wobble with a ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJMac
    OK Ladies, I'm doing something VERY wrong. I bought this ruler 2-3 years ago and was never satisfied with it. Finally, in frustration, I stuck it behind a door and fogot about it. My problem: I had a hard time inserting the rotary cutter into the slots to do the cutting. It seemed the slots were so close together there was no room to insert he cutter. I tried inserting the cutter at the larger opening at the end of the ruler but I never achieved the smooth quick motion I've seen on YouTube and on Alex Anderson show (before she was cancelled). I bought it after seeing one of her guests use it. Maybe I'm too old to start something new LOL
    It might be the rotary cutter you are using. I have an older one that will not work either. I got an Olfa Ergonomic 45 mm Rotary Cutter with a 50% off coupon last year, and it works really great with my June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler.

Blog Entries
    I love mine. But, I really, really love those fabrics, Sue.
    I can't wait to see your progress.
    Deb

jdreamblue,
    I used to have problems, but a friend told me to cut from the selveges to the fold and I haven't seen a wave in a while.

Incidently, I see where there is one that has 2 1/2" slits -- does anyone have that one?

I'm convinced!!! it must be me since everyone else seems to love it. Hey, I'm not too old to admit I MIGHT be wrong LOL
    My ruler is the 12" June Taylor, HOWEVER,I'm using a straight Olfa cutter (had it forever, probably the first one they made). I have a couple of others, but I always seem to grab this one.
    I refuse to be the only quilter who can't conquer a square piece of plastic. Gonna pull it out and practice, practice, practice - 'cause I do use a lot of strips LOL
    Thanks ladies, God, I love this site.

Blog Entries
    To make it easier to insert my cutter, I just pull the slot open a bit, insert cutter, then let it go back to normal.
    I also make sure I've got a finger on the part right beside where I'm cutting so it doesn't bow when I'm cutting.
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ruller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
    jdreamblue,
    I used to have problems, but a friend told me to cut from the selveges to the fold and I haven't seen a wave in a while.

Incidently, I see where there is one that has 2 1/2" slits -- does anyone have that one?
    I haven't seen that one but I sure would buy it!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15