Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dear jane book $$$$$ >

dear jane book $$$$$

dear jane book $$$$$

Old 12-16-2011, 06:29 AM

Default dear jane book $$$$$

wow! I was just on ebay looking for dear jane book and was shocked at prices......45.00, Dear Hannah is going for 125.00 and even Farmers Wife Pony Club is going very high.....these prices are better than the stock market nowadays.....so ladies, don't sell those books just hang on to them.......only hope they don't end up like beany babies!!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 AM

YIKES!! Guess I won't be making one of those quilts anytime in the near future. Maybe when they aren't as popular as they are right now, I'll find one at a thrift store or something, but I can't afford those prices right now.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Check Amazon.com. They're as cheap as $19 there.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:05 AM

Wow! That's quite a bit.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:32 AM

It is gift giving time so the prices are high.

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
wow! I was just on ebay looking for dear jane book and was shocked at prices......45.00, Dear Hannah is going for 125.00 and even Farmers Wife Pony Club is going very high.....these prices are better than the stock market nowadays.....so ladies, don't sell those books just hang on to them.......only hope they don't end up like beany babies!!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:39 AM

You should try a web site called ' 'that quilt'.... she has made at least 3 Dear Janes and has tutes on all the blocks.... forgive me but I don't know if there's templates....but it's worth a look anyway. oh yeah, and someone posted a link to a site called 'green fairy quilts' if you want to get an eye full of the most beautiful DJ quilt I've ever seen take a look at her site....
Old 12-16-2011, 12:05 PM

Default Green Fairy

Originally Posted by vjengels View Post
You should try a web site called ' 'that quilt'.... she has made at least 3 Dear Janes and has tutes on all the blocks.... forgive me but I don't know if there's templates....but it's worth a look anyway. oh yeah, and someone posted a link to a site called 'green fairy quilts' if you want to get an eye full of the most beautiful DJ quilt I've ever seen take a look at her site....
Judi Madsen, aka The Green Fairy, is a member of the Quilting Board. Here's her link: http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com/
She is one fabulous quilter!!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

I checked the DJ book out of the library. After reading through it I decided that I didn't want or need the book. Instead I bought the DJ software from EQ. I still haven't started the quilt (maybe in January?).
Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 AM

there are templates i bought the dear jane book when i first started quilting thinking i loved the scrappy nature of it not realizing it wasnt made for a beginner nor realizing you needed the disc to print out the templates. now im getting more experienced and trying to stick to things in my comfort zone and its on my bucket list lol. its hard to branch out without someone to teach you and we have no place here to take quilt classes anymore so im watching for tutorials and online places to learn more stuff also investing in dvds from talented people like eleanor burns and others to get more instruction.
carla
Old 12-21-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Check here, still expensive but under $30, I love book finder!
http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac...%2520the%2520t