Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: dear jane?

Blog Entries
    can anyone ell me exactly what a dear jane looks like?

Go to search at top of page; type in dear jane. There are bunches of pictures :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merry
    Go to search at top of page; type in dear jane. There are bunches of pictures :)
    Here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images  

like a VERY BUSY QUILT!
    a dear jane is a quilt made of over 200 blocks all i think 4" (or maybe it's 3 1/2" - no i think 4"
    every block is different.
    if you do a search there is a whole DEAR JANE SOCIETY who work on drafting and reproducing the original blocks. the book shows them all- there is a computer disc with templates.
    it is BUSY-
    a good scrap quilt project since all of the blocks are small they use small pieces

OH MY GOODNESS! THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DEAR JANE I'VE EVER SEEN- NOW I WANT TO MAKE ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by merry
    Here you go
    :thumbup:

That quilt is beautiful. The secondary pattern is very pretty. It is amazing that Jane made her quilt with probably fabric that was reused from clothing and that it turned out so beautiful. What a talented lady.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by connie_1936
    can anyone ell me exactly what a dear jane looks like?
    Are you going to try one? There is software and a book that will help you with it. I have the software, but am too chicken to do it just yet. In time I will, but I may have to retire first so I will have the time to do it. :lol:

Blog Entries
    lacylady, wow, beautiful! i just ordered the book. i figure if i do one or two blocks a week i may finish it before i die.

Blog Entries
    it is beautiful. I started mine last June and I love how it's coming out so far.

LaceLady your quilt is beautiful. I wonder how quilting is seen in Ireland, I am in the USofA and I still get the, "So you take large pieces of fabric, cut them into small pieces and sew them back together." Followed by a sympathetic smile.

I have started my Dear Jane quilt. Strangly enough I work on it when I don't want to get into one of my other projects. It's to complex to worry to much about the end product.

Be sure and post pictures, it amazes me how different every one looks. There are some great group projects for the Dear Jane on this site. I think the last one was very recent. Just search for the Dear Jane, there are a lot of pictures.