Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dear Jane veterans

Dear Jane veterans

I have decided to plunge in the Dear Jane quilt, got the book and bravely started with the first square...I am thinking of quitting already! I am hand piecing the block because the pieces are so tiny, I used to hand piece everything but I guess my fingers do not work as well as they used to. Do you paper piece the blocks? do you machine piece? what is the best and least frustrating way? Thanks

I feel your pain - I started with the 1st block - hand pieced - took forever. Go on line to the Dear Jane support group - they have many different ways to do each block. I did mine mostly reverse applique because I like doing it that way. Also start with the easy blocks first. I stopped doing it after the about 50 blocks - it is a nice take along project for waiting in dr offices etc.

There is a group on here that is starting theirs in January, Here is the link. We're up to 32 pages of posts!

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Another good site for piecing help is: http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/2009/11/j-9.html
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!