Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
decisions, decisions....not good at decisions >

decisions, decisions....not good at decisions

decisions, decisions....not good at decisions

Old 11-06-2014, 11:06 AM

I want to thank everyone for their help. Despite all of the good advice to select the darker color, I have decided to go with the lighter color. Only two people who "voted" have actually seen the real fabric, and they voted for the lighter color. It got me looking harder at the pictures I took and posted, and the colors really didn't show true. The darker fabric really doesn't have the right shade of green.

And I like the light fabric. I will have a delicate pastel quilt, and I will be happy with it.

Again, thanks for all your help. I will post when I have finished, but I am trying not to rush. Last month I made 3 quilts, and I don't need to make 3 quilts a month.... Quilting isn't a race and there is no deadline for this quilt. It is for me.

Dina
Old 11-06-2014, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Hi Dina. Do you have any aqua in your stash?? That might also look better than too much green.
Thanks for the suggestion, Joellyn, but the picture makes it look like there is aqua in the fabric, and there isn't. I do, however, have aqua in my stash....

Dina
Old 11-06-2014, 12:37 PM
KLO

I was originally thinking the darker would be better but after seeing the blue version of this pattern, I liked the lighter green better. It is a softer and sort of misty look that I thought went with the focus fabric better. Glad that you made your decision either way and can now carry on sewing. There are so many darn decisions to make when picking fabric that sometimes we can drive ourselves nuts ..... especially those of us who may be a bit color challenge. Good luck with your quilt!
Old 11-06-2014, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I want to thank everyone for their help. Despite all of the good advice to select the darker color, I have decided to go with the lighter color. Only two people who "voted" have actually seen the real fabric, and they voted for the lighter color. It got me looking harder at the pictures I took and posted, and the colors really didn't show true. The darker fabric really doesn't have the right shade of green.

And I like the light fabric. I will have a delicate pastel quilt, and I will be happy with it.

Again, thanks for all your help. I will post when I have finished, but I am trying not to rush. Last month I made 3 quilts, and I don't need to make 3 quilts a month.... Quilting isn't a race and there is no deadline for this quilt. It is for me.

Dina
Thats what I was going to post the Drk green doesn't match the green in the focal fabric.
Jeri
Old 11-06-2014, 11:11 PM

Like the darker green, but you could use all?. I have trouble making decisions also.
Shirley
Old 11-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

I like it with the darker green too, tho either will be pretty.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:42 AM

Beautiful fabric. I like the darker green
Old 11-07-2014, 11:53 PM

I like the darker one also.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:39 AM

I think either work. I personally prefer the lighter only because the darker is a more bitter green. Having said that, I do think the darker green makes the blue in your focus fabric look brighter and more distinct. I also love your focus fabric; those little multicolored flowers are so sweet....it somehow reminds me of illustrations in vintage children's books, maybe particularly the Peter Rabbit series.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:42 AM

Wow! They both look great...I love green. My preference though...is for the lighter green, somehow the darker green seems to overpower the print, but that's just me....