Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Decorative Stitches for Monogram

Blog Entries
    I do not have an embroidery machine. I would like to monogram a Christmas stocking. The name is too long for applique and would be a nightmare to edgestitch. Would like to stencil on the name and do some deocrative stitches to fill it in. Just wondering if anyone has some experience with this and could suggest appropriate stitches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie
    I do not have an embroidery machine. I would like to monogram a Christmas stocking. The name is too long for applique and would be a nightmare to edgestitch. Would like to stencil on the name and do some deocrative stitches to fill it in. Just wondering if anyone has some experience with this and could suggest appropriate stitches.
    how about cutting out the letters and zig-zagging around them, how long is the name, what is it, maybe someone here can embroider it for you. how about markers, water resistant ones, ect???

How about appliquéing on a decorative yarn, cord, etc? Many machines have a foot or feet for this, most of mine do. As easy as just zig-zagging over it. Prolly drop the feed dogs.

Blog Entries
    I guess I am old fashioned, I would embroider them.

you could stencil them on with fabric paint, pastels, or even glitter for a really festive look

I have an embroidery machine, if you would like me to embroider them for you PM me.

Blog Entries
    If you practice....a lot!...you could use a free motion zig zag stitch to fill in, but I would suggest an applique with a satin stitch around it...That's a lot easier.