Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
From the Depths to the Heights in One Day! >

From the Depths to the Heights in One Day!

From the Depths to the Heights in One Day!

Old 10-01-2015, 01:31 PM

Default From the Depths to the Heights in One Day!

Let me start by saying I love my Baby Lock Unity & Elizabeth - my original dealer, not so much. The buying and financing were fine, but I didn't get the support I expected or need to utilize all my wonderful Unity can do ( I'm good with Lizzie she's my travel/classes girl ). Needed some help and advice on embroidering phrases on one of the inner borders on a donation quilt I'm making for my school. Called my dealer to talk to the person who functions as their instructor- she wasn't available & is calling back (well they're closed for the day & didn't get a call...) I asked the person on the phone if they had a continuous hoop in stock-that's when the bomb dropped: "Well we're no longer a BL dealer"...
So after much searching got the BL corporate # to get connected to Customer Service. A lovely woman called me back, listened to my story & my heartfelt wish that I had chosen the dealer in Tampa-who was a little farther but has an excellent reputation, and offers many BL instructional classes. She said she would call them, explain and ask that they become my dealer. An angel of mercy from Keep Me in Stitches called me within minutes to tell me yes, they will be my dealer, but I won't have to travel to Tampa because they are opening a dealership AND Quilt Shop next week just down the road from me by Largo Mall! I am beyond excited and just had to share :-) Of course it is my duty as a citizen of Largo to support the local economy :-) If you're in our area of FL this winter be sure to visit them and our other wonderful quilt shops--we're a Quilting hot spot!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

A dealer just around the corner! Congratulations!!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:22 PM

I am so glad things worked out for you! I predict many visits for your to your new local BL dealer to help boost the local economy! That's what I tell friends and family when I go shop hopping. I am helping the regional economy! Those who quilt that know me completely understand!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:55 PM

That's wonderful! So happy for you.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

It sounds like BL corporate is replacing a so-so dealer with a great one. Wonderful news for you!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:31 PM

We will be visiting Punta Gorda in three weeks. Is Largo Mall close to the Ft. Myers area?
Old 10-01-2015, 06:35 PM

I am thrilled for you. This feels almost like a rags-to-riches story! Thanks for the heads-up that the shop is in Largo. We may visit our daughter who has moved to St Pete (from here in Maryland) --that looks about 1/2 hour from Largo, so very doable!! I try to pick up a "souvenir" from every quilt shop I visit while traveling.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:00 PM

Yay!! And good riddance to a baddealer....I should know..I've got one of those too. > Whatexciting news and just how fantastic! And yes, you MUST support alocal business as often as you can.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:10 PM

Zozee check out the directions below-you all will also want to visit Country Quilts & Bears in Clearwater, Rainbow's End in Dunedin, and Happy Apple Quilts in Palm Harbor.

Last edited by Cybrarian; 10-01-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:19 PM

Jean, Head north on Interstate 275 North after you go over the Skyway Bridge watch your signs and Take Exit 30 (686/Largo). Get in the leftmost lane to use the overpass to Roosevelt Blvd. After the red light, get in the leftmost lane and take the overpass to Ulmerton West 688. You'll go thru several intersection traffic lights, the last one will be Starkey Rd. There will be a crossroad traffic light (Golden Corral on left) at the next light turn right you'll see the shop on your left. See my other response above for some other shops in our area. Enjoy!