Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Derwent Inktense Pencils

Have any of you used Derwent Inktense Pencils to draw on your fabric? If so, I would be grateful if you would please give me a "review" of the product. After doing a fairly intense on-line search, I believe them to be exactly what I'm looking for, but they are not inexpensive.

Blog Entries
    I haven't but someone on here even made a tute using them & try "search" because there were a couple of things about it & they were beautiful. There were resources linked to the post, also.

Are these watercolor pencils? I have a set, but have never used them on fabric.

Blog Entries
    I prefer them to another name brand. I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. Michaels also sells them and you can use a 40-50% off coupon there too.

I have never met a Derwent product I didn't love, but I've not yet used the pencils. There are, however, 57 reviews of them on the Dick Blick website, the vast majority highly positive.
    http://www.dickblick.com/products/de...ncils/#reviews
    Check Blick's prices while you're there...$1.23 sounds pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by VaNella
    Are these watercolor pencils? I have a set, but have never used them on fabric.
    I went to Derwent's home page; their watercolour and their Inktense are 2 different types of pencils, perhaps the Inktense more vibrant than the watercolour??? I don't know ... yet!

Thank you all very much for your responses! I WILL be getting some ... I just have to decide if I want the whole set or not.

Sandee, I went to the tute and downloaded the PDF; that will be very helpful.