Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Design-a-Quilt quilting machine

Has anyone heard of the longarm professional quilting machine by Design-a-quilt? One is being sold used and I have never heard of it before. Also, I can confirm there is such a machine, but no web information on it. I have a phone number, but thought I would ask if anyone is familiar with it. Thanks for your help.

You might want to google DAQ quilting machine and read the "Quilty as Charged: Undercover in a Material World."

They are out of business now for many different reasons. Bottom line--stay away from it. Keep saving for a machine built and backed by a reputable company. I would suggest Bailey Home Quilter and Voyager at the low end of the price range. If you've got a few more pennies to spend--check out the Fun Quilter, Tin Lizzie/Viking Mega 18 x 8/Pfaff Grand Quilter, Pennywinkle, KenQuilt and the Homesteader. If you've got lots of extra pennies, check out the Handiquilter HQ 16, Fusion & Avante.

If you won the lottery--go for a Gammil, APQS, or A-1 and get it all--computerized, in home setup & training, auto advance, hydraulic lifts, etc.

Thank you so much for the information! I was sure there must be issues or why no information. I am saving for a Baily Homequilter, but get a little impatient. Thanks for your wisdom.

Yes there is a quilting machine by that name I had one and sold it .

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchalong View Post
    Has anyone heard of the longarm professional quilting machine by Design-a-quilt? One is being sold used and I have never heard of it before. Also, I can confirm there is such a machine, but no web information on it. I have a phone number, but thought I would ask if anyone is familiar with it. Thanks for your help.
    I had one of those machines about 5 years ago and sold it, worked pretty good, but could not find parts for it.