Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Designing baby quilt from story need advice

I'm designing a baby quilt for my music ministers 1st grandchild. I work with him and the middle school choir and he tells stories to the kids at the end of the class. One of the favorite stories is about a worm named Cecil and his family.I've decided to do an applique/emborderied baby quilt. I can't decide if I should do separate blocks or do a solid background piece and work ok whole cloth. Do you have any ideas?

Power Poster
    It might be easier to handle the separate blocks if you work on them while you are "out and about"

Iforgot to say that I have templates for primary writing paper and a primary alphabet to embrodery the story. The next question is do I use white or an unbleached muslin as background fabric? I'm beginning to think that the muslin I have might look more "big chief" tablet and manilla drawing paper (like I remember from grade school) what do y'all think?

I like the idea of the unbleached muslin,I use a lot of it and love the old look! And it is the color of the large tablets that we used as children!

I like the idea of using unbleached muslin. And you are right, it is the color of the big tablets that we used to have as children.