Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: designing new quilt, seeking know-how

designing new quilt, seeking know-how

Morning, i am designing a new quilt for DD. She has requested "Lady in the Lake" . I'm using violets/purples and greens to make the blocks. Greens to symbolize our beloved Ireland, violets to complement since she likes purples.
    Now here is my design question: i am going to scrappy piece the violets and the green half triangle squares with white . I haven't decided whether to make the big triangles in the center, white and violet or white and green.
    Also wondering how to best set the half triangle squares. I'd like to "watercolor" the quilt. So which value starts in the center? Light or dark?

Blog Entries
    don't have an answer for you, but the quilt sounds delightful. am looking forward to pics of your progress
    Nancy in western NY

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Can you design in a quilt design program and change the colors around until they appeal to you?

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

could if i knew how to use the EG5 i just picked up at a thrift store. I will try it with crayons and drafting paper which is low tech enough that i can use it right away.