Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Desperate Need Help  !! >

Desperate Need Help !!

Desperate Need Help !!

Old 04-18-2015, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Default Desperate Need Help !!

I got myself into this corner. I usually use rick rack as an accent border. I have been trying different ideas on my design wall ALL week. I decided to do this layout. I have done narrow borders before but this has me stumped. Also had some problems with the blue F&P glue stick and washable white glue so I am worried about pressing the seams. I have to get it done by Monday morning and I am now a day short on my schedule.

Question is, how do it line up this accent border so it will match the side border when I stitch the pink top border on. I have never done it this way before. Normally I just measure and fold it back looking like the corner was mitered. But this layout is different. In the upper right, is this the only way to fold it since the accent border is attached to the light pink border??

Thanks in advance. I am on pins and needles because today, I was suppose to be quilting this NOW !!
Attached Thumbnails pink-wedding-runner.jpg  
Old 04-18-2015, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

looks like you'd have to mitre it OR sew on the hot pink borders first then the light pink borders.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:25 AM

Wish I could help but don't have a clue. But love your quilt! Good luck, I know being down to the wire is nerve racking.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

I didn't mention that the accent border was a folded border so I sewed a seam on both ends carefully and that resolve the problem. Now all I got to do is give it a good pressing and attach the outside border and get the binding on it!! Been spending too much time surfing this site in order to relax to deal with the stress. Thanks Lynnie and Jeanne.
Attached Thumbnails pink-wedding-fix-border.jpg  
Old 04-18-2015, 01:36 PM

Pretty little quilt.

I was looking at your quilt top and it really looks like the dark pink and lighter borders are sewn on the wrong side of the top. I see seams in the border area and non in the center. I hope I am wrong.

Edited to add: I see that you mention a folded border, so maybe I am supposed to be seeing the seams now and they will be hidden later.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 04-18-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:47 AM

Pretty quilt and you look like you will make your deadline!
Old 04-19-2015, 05:08 PM

I think sometimes just being able to 'talk it out' helps! And getting away from it for a bit. It looks like you did both of those, good job!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:06 AM

You want to separate the dark and light pink, back to about 1" before the dark pink reaches the dark pink in the side border. Also separate the dark & light pink on the side borders...back for about 2".
Stitch the dark pink sashing on the top as usual, ending at the end of the dark pink in the side border.

Now, press the seams & reattach the light pink to the top dark pink sashing, and also reattach the dark pink side sashing to the light pink border...finish off the stitching to finish the borders.

Takes extra time, but can be done.
Marge
Old 04-21-2015, 09:04 AM

Very pretty, it's going to be fabulous when done