Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Desperately need Synthrapol >

Desperately need Synthrapol

Desperately need Synthrapol

Old 01-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

I buy mine from Dharma Trading Company on line. I have seen it in quilt shops. Synthropol just keeps the dye suspended in the water so it won't get on other fabrics, if dye has already transfered to other fabrics you could toss in a couple ( color catchers) and rewash until it all comes out. The color catchers will ( grab) the dye & keep it from getting on other areas. Color catchers are sold in the laundry area of the grocery store, in a box like dryer sheets, made by *Shout*
Old 01-14-2015, 06:51 AM

I did a red and white quilt twice a couple of years ago. The first one I did bled badly when I washed it. I used Synthropol and hot water and it removed almost all of the red bleed on the white fabric. I decided to do it one more time to try and remove what little bleed was left. The whole quilt came out looking sort of like it was tea stained. Then I read the directions and it said to only do the hot water with Synthropol once. I know - I should have read the directions before I did the second wash - but I didn't. So, I threw that quilt away and made another (same pattern). I washed all the fabrics and the rick rack (which I think was the main culprit in my bleed) prior to making the quilt, and washed the quilt the first time with lots of color catcher. Worked great!
Old 01-14-2015, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I have looked several times for Synthrapol in JAF Michael's and Walmart and have yet to find it. I use the color catchers and throw 2+ sheets and a cotton towel or piece of old fabric. Helps to determine if I have to rewash.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:02 AM

curious, how do you use blue dawn in a top loading washing machine?
Old 01-14-2015, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by salemrabbits View Post
curious, how do you use blue dawn in a top loading washing machine?
Just pour it in.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Default synthrapol

Hi I live in Wisconsin. I ordered a few bottles of synthrapol. I would be more than happy to send you a bottle. Yes for free. I don't know how to go about the process of mailing it to you. I don't want to be to free with my e-mail or telephone number. If someone knows how I could private message that would be wonderful. I could send it out in tomorrows mail. Dee
Old 01-14-2015, 12:53 PM

Ladies, I discovered blue Dawn just under two months ago. It works!!!!! Add a colour catcher and you will be amazed when the catcher comes out still white.

You only need one teaspoon. Do not use more: the first time I tried it out, I used the one tablespoon the original Pin called for. It was touch and go if the foam was going to overflow the machine.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by DeeRaye View Post
Hi I live in Wisconsin. I ordered a few bottles of synthrapol. I would be more than happy to send you a bottle. Yes for free. I don't know how to go about the process of mailing it to you. I don't want to be to free with my e-mail or telephone number. If someone knows how I could private message that would be wonderful. I could send it out in tomorrows mail. Dee
Just Click on DeeRaye's name here & a box will pop up with an option to send her a private message
Old 01-14-2015, 07:36 PM

There is also a site called "The Woolery" that I stumbled on to. Have not ordered from them but they have a 16 oz bottle for $6.50 as well as the smaller bottle.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
Hi, Ladies, I did some prewashing of fabric and one of my fabrics bled onto another. As a result, I am looking for Synthrapol. I am currently in Brunswick, Ga. but I can go as far as Jacksonville, Fl or St. Augustine. I have tried googling some possible locations for Synthrapol, but so far have not found a source. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
I ordered mine through Amazon.