Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: DGD tried my quilting machine for the first time

DGD has been itching to try quilting on my Juki on a Grace frame. She is almost eight and very careful with sewing machines. I figured her hands would be away from the needle and all would be OK. I just got a speed regulator so she wouldn't have to worry about speed. She started out great. A little wobbly but it was looking fine........then.....snap......the free motion foot broke! Bent the needle and is in two pieces. I use this machine a lot and the little bar that holds on the bottom of foot broke. She was so disappointed. Just ordered another foot from Sewvacdirect so we will be off and running in a few days. I guess I just wore that poor foot out. She can't wait for the new foot. She is hooked on FMQ. What fun we are going to have.

Oh what memories you will make!!:)

Blog Entries
    I guess you're lucky that it didn't happen when you were on a roll quilting a nice big quilt! She's a lucky little girl.

Blog Entries
    Awww what a great way to spend time together! Can't wait to see her first quilt :D:D:D