Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
DH May Chain Me To My Machine! >

DH May Chain Me To My Machine!

DH May Chain Me To My Machine!

Old 10-19-2016, 03:32 AM

Default DH May Chain Me To My Machine!

For the past few weeks my DH and I have been building me a sewing studio. We are not carpenters and don't really know what we are doing on some parts of it, but it is coming along nicely. Should be able to move in this weekend. At one point during the process we were having trouble with figuring something out. My DH, in his frustration, stated to me that I better spend 12 hours a day in my studio or he will chain me to my machine! That doesn't really sound like a threat to me! With this move, I haven't been able to quilt since May. Anxious to get back at it.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

i know how you feel... i bought a new house that needed remodeling and didn't touch a machine for 3 months. had to stop the remodel to sew for the quilt show. good luck with finishing the new studio.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

yes, good luck. It will be nice having your sewing room like you want it. I just moved and have a small bedroom for my sewing room. I can finally walk into it easily but still have boxes and tubs and fabric everywhere! send your hubby over when he's done there.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:00 AM

I know the feeling. Last April, DH and hired neighbor put up sheet rock on the ceiling and new lighting in my attic sewing room. Since the neighbor is a perfectionist, it took awhile to finish. But since I was in the middle of a massive sew-a-thon with daughters (we do costuming together) I moved most of my stuff down to the basement and stored things back under the eaves covered with plastic. Then life happened and the sewing had to take 2nd place. So just this week I've managed to get everything back to the main sewing room and start the organizing. The plastic didn't help much as everything is covered in sheet rock dust. But not to worry, none of my machines were damaged, but I'm spending time with the washer and dryer to re-clean my stash and the ironing board is calling me.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:21 AM

Summers are most difficult for me to even get close to my machine but (sigh) now that the tourists have left Maine and our businesses slow down, I am hoping to finish a few projects before Christmas.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:16 AM

If he chains you to the machine (happy thought) will he like to cook, clean, launder, etc.? That chain will not have a big lock on it, will it?
Old 10-20-2016, 04:31 AM

What a great threat! (and a nice hubby willing to help you out, too!)

Tell him to come to my house to help mine out. LOL
Old 10-20-2016, 05:20 AM

Hurrah for you Sophie2. Nothing more interesting than sitting and cutting and sewing. Show us your sewing room soon, ok? Would love to see it.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:40 AM

Think he was just a bit frustrated especially when he wasn't sure how to do the project. I totally understand. Feel lucky you are getting a sewing room. I had a sewing room for about 6 months and it was nice to just be able to go in and sew a block if I had a few minutes. Now----my daughter and 3 granddaughters moved in and I sew on the dining room table which means I sew when I have a few hours and clean up when I start getting a meal together. But--she is in a safe place and I enjoy the granddaughters so much. Good luck on your project and maybe a little dose of patience is needed. Everything will be fine.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:53 AM

Being 'forced' to sit at my sewing machine for 12 hours a day... That sounds like a quilt retreat to me! It also brings to mind the story of Brer Rabbit from my childhood. "Roast me, hang me, drown me; but please, please don't throw me in the briar patch!"