Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
DH purchased kits for me to make new quilt!! >

DH purchased kits for me to make new quilt!!

DH purchased kits for me to make new quilt!!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM

Oh my goodness! Yesterday, we were doing errands and hubby agreed to drive over to Jeri's Quilt Patch in Norway (MI) to look around. Usually he just waits in the car. This time he came inside and sat down on the stool by the counter. When I had scanned the shop, I invited him to look around for the bright blue he was thinking would be nice for a new winter weight quilt.

Low and behold, he strolled into one of the rooms and was smitten by a flannel kit done up in a beautiful royal blue and green. Ahhhh... It really is striking in color and design. On the spot he offered to purchase the kits if I would handle the cost of the batting and machine quilting. How could I say NO?!

I picked up a roll of fat quarters of the same line and the last 2.3 yards of the backing material. Sew :-) I have the kits, including all of the backing fabric, and one happy DH.

His comment to me was that he should be willing to pay towards a quilt that he would be using.....

Well, that was my window shopping. DH truly appreciates the time, effort and expense of making a quilt.

Pinch me! I'm not dreaming, but am one cloud nine :-)
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Awwww that is so sweet of DH :D:D:D
Old 01-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

It's great feeling to have everything you need to finish a great quilt! Don't forget to post a picture. DH would fall over in a faint if I bought quilt supplies with my money, I think quilt money should come from the house and health (mental) budget.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:10 AM

wow, that's wonderful. Have fun making it.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:31 AM

That's so nice of him! Lucky you.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

what a sweet dh. :-D mine sits in the car and grumbles for waiting
Old 01-07-2010, 06:14 AM

My DH has gone maybe once or twice with me for fabric shopping - he hates it! Can't blame him - it takes me forever to choose... he does help with colors from my stash though, and he's very good at that!! :)
Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 AM

My DH would faint if he saw how much fabric cost for how small the bag is when you walk out. I think he believes it magically appears. He doesnt mind my going and shopping he just would croak if I actually said BTW this quilt cost... I have a tiny feeling he would suggest a new hobby now that he has lost his job. Nah, just find a new way to use what you have. New hobbies are way over rated.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 AM

Well, this purchase was not something I would have even had in my wildest dreams. The first quilt I made for DH was from plaid flannel shirts purchased at thrift shops. It is a rag type quilt and he absolutely loves it. Perhaps the fact that he has had a cold and cuddled up with his man quilt as part of the TLC provided has something to do with his purchase. In any case, I am very grateful that he used his discretionary funds for this quilt. We don't exchange gifts with each other at Christmas and tend to work toward something we both will enjoy whenever we meet on common ground.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

When Jim and I lived in Massachusetts, we would drive to Saftler's in Whitman and he would always come in with me. It was fun showing him the fabrics that I liked.