Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diamond shape ruler

Blog Entries
    try quiltinaday.com for specially shaped rulers.

I have a diamond shaped ruler. It is at home, so I can't tell you what brand, but it is a 60 degree ruler and 8 inches long.

It is hot pink/orange colored and I bought it at a quilt shop. They are out there for you.

You do not need a diamond shaped ruler to cut them out. I have done it with a straight ruler and the 60* angle. Sorry I can't explain it. But some one on this board must have a book that has the directions with pictures to show you how. Good Luck its a beautiful quilt. Marge

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sew_lulu
    That's the one I want to do. It's absolutely beautiful. So, I thought there must be a ruler out there for this instead of using the using the paper template.
    Can you make your own ruler using template plastic? Just an idea

When I do things like Lone Star that are 60* diamonds, I cut and sew strips, cut to 60* using a standard ruler, then re-sew to form larger diamonds. That looks exactly like a diamond log cabin tabletopper I made in the early 80's. I think that was from the Quilt in a Day series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Quote Originally Posted by sew_lulu
    That's the one I want to do. It's absolutely beautiful. So, I thought there must be a ruler out there for this instead of using the using the paper template.
    Can you make your own ruler using template plastic? Just an idea
    Thanks Bev for your suggestion. Let's see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonpi
    When I do things like Lone Star that are 60* diamonds, I cut and sew strips, cut to 60* using a standard ruler, then re-sew to form larger diamonds. That looks exactly like a diamond log cabin tabletopper I made in the early 80's. I think that was from the Quilt in a Day series.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go back to see what ruler has the 60 degree line.

I have 60* and 45* diamond shaped rulers, both purchased at a quilt shop here in Albuquerque. I paid uner $15/each for them. They are made by EZ Quilting (by Wrights). www.ezquilt.com is on the ruler.

My husband made me one. If you'd like you can PM me about what size(s) you'd like and I'll talk to him about making some for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2