Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did I do the right thing?

Went to a craft store with DD and I found a book by Pat Sloan (don't know who she is), called I can't Believe I'm Quilting Beginners complete guide. I thought this would inspire to get going on my quilt and to quit thinking about what else I could make. I have sewn for years so that is not my problem. I was afraid I would make a messy project. Just need to get it going..Did I do the right thing to buy this book? :?:

Blog Entries
    Ofcourse!!! :D:D:D
    Now you can pick a pattern and follow the book :D:D:D
    If you have any questions, please post them and we will happily help you!!!

Blog Entries
    Sure, if it will help you get motivated :thumbup: Can't hurt to have a book in front of you to help figure things out :lol:

Don't be afraid!! This is for enjoyment. If you make a mistake (which has never happened to anyone :lol: :lol:) You bite the bullet and rip it out and start over. Open the book and go girl!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Good for you to look for inspiration in any quilt book. I know there are a lot of photos posted that get your creative juices started but sometimes a book that you can keep at hand and refer back to it is better. Good luck to you. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you get stuck. So many talented quilters here.

All of Pat Sloan's books are really great. You did good.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyed
    Went to a craft store with DD and I found a book by Pat Sloan (don't know who she is), called I can't Believe I'm Quilting Beginners complete guide. I thought this would inspire to get going on my quilt and to quit thinking about what else I could make. I have sewn for years so that is not my problem. I was afraid I would make a messy project. Just need to get it going..Did I do the right thing to buy this book? :?:
    I struck up a friendship with Pat Sloan last year. She lives in VA but came to a grand opening of LQS. We had been emailing for months and it was so much fun to meet her in person. I have never taken a class, but on her second day of her visit, she taught a tote bag class. Could I have made it on my own? Sure. Did I learn anything? Yup, how to bead and ink stamp fabric. Was it worth the money? Absolutely because I had such a good time!! I had no idea what a famous designer and author she was until I saw her display of fabrics, quilts, and books!! I bought her book on machine quilting that day. Until then, my machine quilting was limited to meandering. I read the whole book from cover to cover. THEN I sat down and did my next quilt. I made hearts, flowers, leaves, and vines in my quilting design to reflect the fabrics! I would never have had the courage to branch out without her book! My latest tote, since having her fun class!

red purple tote
    Name:  Attachment-86552.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  4.57 MB

Good Luck

You can do it. Keep the book handy, refer to it often, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyed
    My late father always told me this " reading & learning is something that "No One" can ever take away from you! Us gals out here may know how to do quilting, however regardless of our level it never hurts us to re-educate also called a refresher course! You will read the book once then in a few months even years you will read it again or at least I do....:)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast