Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you buy Papadakis' Dear Jane Fabric? >

Did you buy Papadakis' Dear Jane Fabric?

Did you buy Papadakis' Dear Jane Fabric?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:47 PM

I just learned Brenda Papadakis is going to have a new "Dear Jane 2" line of fabric http://www.baumtextile.com/cgi-bin/f...8&View=All&v=1 to follow the original line from 2008. http://www.dearjane.com/dear_jane_fabric.htm I then remembered that I purchased a fat quarter pack back then and, after a little rummaging around, took it out to check it over. I don't remember it being this bright and colorful. I think it looks more like 30's reproductions than Civil War reproductions, but the new line looks more CW. What do you think? If you purchased the original DJ fabric, what did you use it for and did you find it to be CW? Just wondering, can't believe I forgot I had purchased it. Guess that means I have too much fabric? :shock:
Old 01-28-2011, 04:28 PM

159 views and no response. Anybody?

Links seem to be working :?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

Maribeth, I responded to you on the Dear Jane Cyber Block Party thread, but thought this could use another bump to the top of the list...maybe someone else has an opinion.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 PM

i love the pattern, but not the dj material ..... am using out of my stash for a garden jane
Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 PM

I'm a big poison green fan so someone gave me the pg from the first line. I used it in a pre-CW applique if I'm remembering correctly. It was fine.

I see there's at least one other suitable green print in the new line so I'll probably play with that one as well.

Interesting that there are toiles. And, cheaters, of course. I'm always looking for cheddar, reds and pinks. Still looking...
Old 01-29-2011, 05:37 AM

Thank you all for responding.

I love the Dear Jane quilt, but I didn't much care for this first DJ collection of fabric. I guess that is why I put it away and forgot about it. I guess if I cut it up small enough I could use in the CW scrap quilt I have been working on or the DJ, those are certainly small enough pieces. :D

I just wanted to see what others thought. Take Care, Maribeth
Old 01-29-2011, 05:49 AM

Akgranny, Have you visited us over at the Dear Jane Cyber Sew Thread? There is a bunch of ladies over there who are in all different stages of creating a Baby Jane quilt. We even have some who are just starting out with theirs.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 AM

Maribeth, That fabric wasn't around when I began my Baby Jane back in 1997. Jane's Journey is now being hand quilted.

From what the ladies on the Dear Jane Cyber Sew have said, using the software for creating a baby is the way to go. I hand pieced JJ & didn't have the software. I just used fabric from my stash & bought quite a bit of fat 8ths to supplement - especially browns. I made her in a similar way to the original.