Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Difference between Dear Jane and Baby Jane?

Is there a difference between a Dear Jane quilt and a Baby Jane? Are the names interchangeable or is the Baby Jane a smaller version? Or something completely different?

From what I have read.. The "Dear Jane" is the original. All others based on the pattern are called Baby Janes.

Blog Entries
    Only one dear jane. All others are babies. Used interchangeably on all babies

Thank you. I'm so impressed by the pictures that have been posted lately of those who've finished theirs recently. I used to be intimidated at the thought of trying one, but now I'm thinking I'd enjoy the challenge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Thank you. I'm so impressed by the pictures that have been posted lately of those who've finished theirs recently. I used to be intimidated at the thought of trying one, but now I'm thinking I'd enjoy the challenge.
    Just did my first block tonight. Hand applique. Far from perfect, but I'm excited non the less

Good for you! Are you doing it on your own or with a group? I'm still working on my Farmer's Wife and will need to finish it before beginning a Dear Jane.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Good for you! Are you doing it on your own or with a group? I'm still working on my Farmer's Wife and will need to finish it before beginning a Dear Jane.
    A friend and I have committed to two blocks per week. I'm sure she'll get more than that, but so glad to have support and accountability!

I am currently working on my "Baby Jane" in blue and orange. I really need to get cracking on her again!! I haven't done a block in a few months. It is a lot of fun though. :) There is a pretty long thread on this board for people that are working on one.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    I am currently working on my "Baby Jane" in blue and orange. I really need to get cracking on her again!! I haven't done a block in a few months. It is a lot of fun though. :) There is a pretty long thread on this board for people that are working on one.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Oh, I bet those colors would be beautiful. The thread from the group who started this last year is VERY long, but the pictures they've been posting as they've finished are so wonderful.

Last night I was looking up Dear Jane pictures on other sites and came across the Dear Hannah. It looks similar but has a whole lot of applique. I love handwork and am going to check more into this one too.