Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Digital magazine >

Digital magazine

Digital magazine

Old 07-27-2013, 04:37 PM

Default Digital magazine

How does this work.Is it a pdf ? can you go back and acess it? looking at quiltmaker Gale
Old 07-27-2013, 04:48 PM

I get the Quilters World in digital form. I get a notice in my email and I go to the site and download it on my hard drive, in it's own folder, than save that to my quilting flash drive.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by grma33 View Post
How does this work.Is it a pdf ? can you go back and acess it? looking at quiltmaker Gale
It depends, apparently, on the magazine. Quilters World is a pdf that's stored on your computer; you can print out pages/patterns from it and look at it page by page. At least one is accessed through Zinio, I think it's BH&G American Patchwork & Quilting. I almost subscribed to it but decided just to get one issue. I don't like the Zinio format. I guess you can download their app and put it on your computer but to me, it's not as easy to access as a pdf. Quilting Quickly is a pdf also, that you download to your computer. I buy it as a digital on the F&P site. For some reason MissQlts doesn't have it that way, have to buy hard copy. I really like Quilters World.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

I too like the way Quilter's World does it. When I subscribed I got access to something like 12 years of back issues. Was able to download all of the issues as PDFs that are stored on my own computer.

I looked at the Quiltmaker website and it looks different. For one thing, you have to log onto their website in order to view your digital issues. Also, the photo of the digital magazine looks more like Zinio than a PDF.

Every magazine seems to use a different digital format. Decided I don't want to fool with all of them, so will stick with PDFs I can download to my own computer -- which so far is Quilter's World and Quilting Quickly.