Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Digitizer programs for embroidery machines >

Digitizer programs for embroidery machines

Digitizer programs for embroidery machines

Old 02-08-2015, 06:25 PM

Default Digitizer programs for embroidery machines

Hi Girls....i am probablly a dummy but I would tather confess that I have no idea how to use the degitizer Jr program that came with my Janome 350 ....How to use it ( i did manage to open a new file and insert an image and hoop size but thats all.....I have no idea what to do next and how....
What exactlly can I do with it ???? Why is it suppose to be of help to me???
Don,t get me wrong I would like to learn new things only there are no quilting or embroidery skilled people around here at all.....
I would appreciate any answer that will be more then " call the store " they can,t help me at all ( I did try )...
Thanks in advance
Anna
Old 02-08-2015, 06:38 PM

I have digitizer pro, so don't know how similar they are.
After you insert an image, on mine, on the right are icons to "prepare the image".
Then there are ones to instantly digitize.
After I did a few of these, I started playing with the other options. It really is one of those "practice, practice, practice".
There are some step by step instructions on the Janome site. Although they just revamped it and I can't tell you exactly where to find them. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:54 AM

I went looking to see what this software could do i googled -digitizer jr and came across a free workbook that you can download.
http://blog.tv-sewingcenter.com/jano...vailable-free/
i don' have a janome so i don't know if this will be helpful.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
Hi Girls....i am probablly a dummy but I would tather confess that I have no idea how to use the degitizer Jr program that came with my Janome 350 ....How to use it ( i did manage to open a new file and insert an image and hoop size but thats all.....I have no idea what to do next and how....
What exactlly can I do with it ???? Why is it suppose to be of help to me???
Don,t get me wrong I would like to learn new things only there are no quilting or embroidery skilled people around here at all.....
I would appreciate any answer that will be more then " call the store " they can,t help me at all ( I did try )...
Thanks in advance
Anna
I have this.
Came with my 11000
You can make designs larger or smaller if you have the same colors repeating you can combine many other things I still don't know
there is a lot to learn in these digitizer
you need to sit down with a qualified person unless you have a great grasp of computers
Gale
Old 02-09-2015, 04:13 AM

Wow I didn't know about this book
Thanks Gale
Old 02-09-2015, 04:14 AM

I have a few questions ....you have had the 350 for just about a year? I did a search of your past Posts to get the history of your ownership. Are you comfortable and proficient embroidering with your machine? There is a huge learning curve in embroidery. Learning editing software also has a learning curve as each program has its own protocol. I use editing software and I am always learning even 7-8 years after acquiring my first combo Janome 9700.

After all of my years of embroidering on a casual basis, I have zero interest in designing and digitizing embroidery. editing software takes care of me just fine. This comment is my viewpoint. Not meant to discourage you at all, btw.

I would head to the Janome site, as suggested. There is a learning forum to participate in. I woud look to see if there is a webinar you can view, look for You Tube videos, join a Yahoo Group, read the manual that a QB member posted a link for. Perhaps find a Janome Educator that can help you. Your Dealer should have this info. educators visit the shops and hold seminars. You may need to travel to attend one. Attend a major embroidery show if open to the consumer. Again, your Dealer should be a good place to inquire about your program.

Hope this helps.

Sandy
Old 02-09-2015, 05:04 AM

I went to a class where the teacher taught mainly florinai but had the same machine as me and it helped a lot.
Gale
Old 02-09-2015, 08:15 AM

Are you looking to create your own designs or just learn the program. Each program has their own features and some are easier to learn than others. I am not at the digitizing stage yet but do know you have to truly understand the anatomy of a type of design before you start digitizing. There are a few craftsy classes on digitizing but they don't use your program, and I am not sure what features your program has like autodigitizing versus a full digitizing program. I have 2 editing programs and use mine for lettering, splitting large designs, and merging designs that might have issues with overlap if I did them on the machine. I learned the hard way that all programs are not created equal. Some things are best to do in program first before placing in machine. I learned my program from online classes and tutorials. You might check the janome site, maybe they have some tutorials on their program. There are quite a few embroidery people on here. The problem is there are so many softwares on the market that not everybody has the same software or machines. It best to join a yahoo or facebook group for embroidery as you will get more support their. I have found I like the facebook groups for sewing and embroidery more than my yahoo groups or other boards I follow
Old 02-09-2015, 09:52 AM

Thank you so much....to each one of you....as usual, I know its the best place to find support and answers.... Yes...by now I realize there are many curves to this issue....and yes...I would like very much to learn each one iof them...curves are slowly to deal with..lol especially at my age....LOL LOL..... And yes...Thank you so much again ....especially for the janome site ...I did find a free tutorial of this digitizer Jr program and I am trying to follow the lessons only came again into a huge curve...the icon where I am suppose to choose the model of my machine doesn,t want to open...or may be I am not clicking on the right icon........I didn,t try the face book support group but I will try to join them.....Thanks again ...million thanks and have a great day all of you........
Old 03-06-2015, 11:23 PM

I am relatively new to digitizer jr also. Where did you find the free tutorial. I have a very hard time finding anything for it. Everything is for MBX. What version Jr are you using? I am using Version 3. Delaware Sewing Center has been amazing helping me. They do offer classes when you buy the machine (I bought it used).