Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dimensional Applique

Dimensional Applique

A few years ago I saw a program with Eleanor Burns and her sister teaching diminsional and flat machine applique. Do any of you know if there was a book published with these techniques? Or do you know of anyone who has this type of applique instructions? Once again, thanks for you help.
    Molly O

Blog Entries
    Sorry. I can't help you. Good luck on your quest. Someone out there is sure to be able to share some information with you.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by molly oldham View Post
    A few years ago I saw a program with Eleanor Burns and her sister teaching diminsional and flat machine applique. Do any of you know if there was a book published with these techniques? Or do you know of anyone who has this type of applique instructions? Once again, thanks for you help.
    I just finished a Grandmother's Flower Garden from the book Grandmother's Garden Quilt by Eleanor Burns and Patricia Knoechel. It has patterns for diminsional applique. Also, I have done lots of diminsional applique from some of Baltimore Album books. Hope this helps. It is so enjoyable.
    Joy

Dimensional applique

A few years ago I saw a program with Eleanor Burns and her sister doing dimensional and flat applique. Do any of you know if there was a book published with these instructions? Once again thank you for you help.
    Molly O

Thanks Joy, GM Garden may be the book I'm looking for.
    Molly O

Thanks Joy, GM Garden may be the book I'm looking for.
    Yes, that is the book you are looking for. I have it, and it's great. It has both diminsional, and flat pattern for each flower. I believe Eleanor does the flat and Patricia the diminsional. I got mine a few years ago at Joann's with the 40% coupon.

She did a book called Applique in a Day http://www.amazon.com/Applique-Quilt.../dp/0922705844

just type dimensional applique in the search---there are TONS of books/ patterns using the techniques.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I did a quilt using 3D applique, will post a picture when I get back from vacation. I framed them in attic window.
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Here is my dimensional applique I said I would send after vacation.Name:  3-D Quilt 006.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  557.3 KB
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast