Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dirty White Quilting Gloves

Can my quilting gloves be washed and dried in my washer/dryer? They have rubberish fingers. How do I clean them?

Blog Entries
    I don't see why they can't be washed, but I would line dry them. Rubberized items don't always do well in the dryer :D:D:D

If you are talking about the Machingers gloves I have them and have thrown them in with the finished quilt to wash. I don't machine dry them, however, I just leave them to air dry.

Banned
    I also wash my Machingers along with a quilt every now and then, but don't put them in the dryer. I have to add though that it shocks me how dirty they get when all I do is quilt in them. :shock:

I also wash my machingers and they come out nice and clean....no problems whatsoever. I put them in the dryer and haven't had a problem with them losing their rubberized fingertips. I just recently bought an extra pair as I have been using the same ones for years (bought them when they first came out) just to keep them on hand if mine finally gave out.

Have to agree with SuzanneG...it is amazing how dirty they get. I have often thought what on earth do I do to get them so dirty.

Oh, Mine are dirty too. I guess I will throw them in the wash with my next quilt.

I put my gloves on, use a mild soap and just "wash my hands". Rinse well, then I just slip them over a small glass to air dry. Works well for me.

wash them, and just air dry. Should be fine.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneG
    I also wash my Machingers along with a quilt every now and then, but don't put them in the dryer. I have to add though that it shocks me how dirty they get when all I do is quilt in them. :shock:
    And here I was thinking that it was just me & the dirty fingers! I love my Machingers. I bought a new pair in November as the others were just plain worn out.

I haven't ever washed in machine. Put a bit of Tide and Oxy-Clean in a quart jar with hot water. Add gloves & screw top on. Shake it up a bit and let sit overnight. Take out and rinse well. lay on a towel till dry.

i would wash and line dry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast