Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23

Thread: Discouraged

Please don't be discouraged...
    Know that once you do start... accurate cutting and consistency with sewing seams is important.
    You will find a lot of useful info here... and never be afraid to ask a question... quilters are very helpful people!

Blog Entries
    Why not try a 9 patch with sashing. Picture of 9 patch which is my favorite block and what I learned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmacc502
    For weeks I have watched videos, read articles, searched forums, and I am more discouraged than ever. All you quilters make everything sound so easy. I can't find just a simple patch pattern. I don't want stars, diamonds, triangles, just squares. I am getting burned out on all the info and still not knowing anymore than I did when I started. I think I'll just buy a quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My sister and I each made a quilt cutting a 2and 1/2 inch block out of every fabric in our huge stash and sharing with one another. We didn't really us a pattern just sewed them in 4 patch blocks than sewed them together put prairie points around it and loved it. We fussy cut if we had small objects in the print, like a rose, butterfly, etc the others were just that block squares are easy to work with and you can do lots with them

Try googling Blooming 9 patch. Just simple squares. You do the design work with the fabrics. They are so neat.
    Robin in TX

Sometimes you just have to hop in and start....who knows where the journey will take you!

I know that squares sound easy and boring, but they can look so awesome, just depending on color placement, try a DP 9 or a DP4, you will be surprised how much it takes to make this quilt :D

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23