Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusted with kona fabric! Never never again!

Disgusted with kona fabric! Never never again!

Earlier in the year I made to Lonestar quilts. One was gifted and the other I put away to be quilted later. My step daughter saw the unquilted top and wanted it. So I quilted it and put it back for her christmas gift. When I washed it last week all the Kona darks had bled. After reading thread here about bleeding in the last few months I opted to use a different product to take of this problem because it was cheaper. MISTAKE! All of the Konas faded to a totally different color, not a different shade but a different color! I hate konas and will never buy them again. This is the second time I've had problems with this brand bleeding really bad. All the other fabrics were fine and maintained their true bright colors. UGGGGGG! Now I can't give this hideous looking thing to anyone! So Beware if you buy Kona. I even pre washed these fabrics. Pretty bad when wal mart fabric hold up better than name brand expensive stuff. I'm sick, just sick. Thanks for letting me vent, rant, and scream......I think I'll go pout some more, maybe take it out the driveway and run over it a few times.

Thank you for letting us know. I was about to order some but will go with another brand. I am so sorry that your quilt turned out so bad.

Lea I am so sorry to read about your quilt. I have a bunch of Kona Cottton that I have not pre washed so thanks for sharing your experience. I have only sewed with kona snow, black and white with no bad outcome. Yes, run over it a few times, I would be just as angry as you are.
    Sam @ Samantha's House.blogspot.com
    SamanthasHouse @Etsy.com

that is awful-can you get a hold of some one where you bought it-I would be furious and want a refund.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Thank-you for sharing this valuable information. I would not have thought this brand , and type would have had "issues" and been inclined to proceed just as you did. Soo sorry this happened to you.

can you post pictures of the "after"?
    Long arm quilting in Carmel, Indiana http://quiltcycle.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the heads up. I have only used black and white and did not prewash the black. Now I am really worried about it bleeding. I guess I better give the receiver of this quilt some information about washing it in case it does bleed.
    Lorraine

How awful. I am soooo sorry this happened to you. UGH!!!!

I,m so sorry to hear about your quilt. After all that work, to have that happen.
    Thanks for warning us about Kona. It's too bad it was at your expense.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
    Thank you for letting us know. I was about to order some but will go with another brand. I am so sorry that your quilt turned out so bad.
    Same here. I called and cancelled my order.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast