Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ditch Quilting Foot

Ladies and gentlemen! I am in 7th heaven! Today, while roaming around in the quilt shop I found a Ditch Quilting Foot for my Janome. I don't know if other machine manuf. have this foot but let me tell you, it's divine! I came home and made up a "quilt"....of about 7" square and put the foot on. I have now quilted the BEST stitch in the ditch seam I've EVER done! No sweat, no wavering, PERFECT! It cost me $19.95 and I will guarantee you, you won't be sorry!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: They ARE great! I have one for my Bernina -- cost me more than $19.95...

I've never heard of this kind of presser foot. It sounds neat. How does it work? Does it keep the needle 'in the ditch'? I have a 'bargain' sewing machine, which probably explains why I don't know about this presser foot.

Renee

I have one too for my Janome, but you can't use it with Accufeed so I am kinda bummed about it. I would like to use it but when quilting I want to use accufeed.

This is great...
    But I have no idea what it looks like
    Could someone please post a picture - I'm going to bring it to my sewing machine repair guy and see if I can pick one up...I really do need this
    Thanks,
    Bill

I have one for my Viking and love it. Seems like it would be so easy to stitch a straight line--but not for me. This foot made a big difference.

See this thread for a recent discussion http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/19316.page
    and here's a photo for Bill http://janome.com/index.cfm/Machines..._Quilting_Foot

Thank you so much for the information. I learned something new from this forum again!

Renee

Never heard of this foot before but I'm going to see if I can get one for my Viking.

I tried to get back on last night but the system was down!!!!
    Here's a link for the Husqvarna stitch in the ditch foot http://husqvarnaviking.com/us/media/...t.pdf/url]LINK
    Earlier this week I did a search for "stitch in the ditch", foot -- and found someplace on the web that showed a foot for each type of shaft. I believe you can find one for every sewing machine........somewhere!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast