Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do all borders have to be the same width?

On my avatar quilt, my center panel was square...but I put thin borders on the sides of it and thicker borders on the top and bottom in order to turn it into a rectangular quilt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Do what you want. I'm doing one, where because of inaccurate planning on my part (shhh), I have to have a 10" border on the left side - rest can be whatever. Since I really don't want to do that on all 4 sides, I'm doing 10" on the left and bottom. Top and right are 5". It's artistic!
    Picture please.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda71
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Do what you want. I'm doing one, where because of inaccurate planning on my part (shhh), I have to have a 10" border on the left side - rest can be whatever. Since I really don't want to do that on all 4 sides, I'm doing 10" on the left and bottom. Top and right are 5". It's artistic!
    Picture please.
    You can see the quilt here sans border - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37927-1.htm. I'm adding that blue puzzle piece to the border, since I didn't count properly how many of each side I needed. So bottom and left will be 10", purely to accommodate that piece, and top and right will be 5", to keep the quilt manageable. Just bought a beautiful light brown as the border.

just think of it as design opportunities! and we know that with quilting, opportunity knocks often (at least in my house it does)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2