Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you ladies have the Electric Quilt 7?

Red face Do any of you ladies have the Electric Quilt 7?

I am wondering if the program is worth the money? I have read on the web site that you can put it on more than one computer...is this true? Does that mean you could share it with a friend? Years ago you could download a free trial program, that was nice but don't find anything like that now. Any help would be appreciated....it costly but maybe worth it???

Blog Entries
    I have it. It is a very good quilt design program. There is a learning curve so you have to read and follow the step by step lessons to get comfortable with it. You can have EQ7 on any two computers at one time. If you split the cost with a friend, just one of you will be the owner and can register. If you get a new computer no problem re installing it.
    Got fabric?

EQ does not allow sharing the software with a friend. That would be software piracy. Their user agreement states that it can be used on only one computer at a time, and can only be used by the person licensed to use the software. http://electricquilt.com/home/preven...ftware-piracy/

I do have EQ7 and for me it is completely worth the expenditure. I use it for almost every quilt, I play with it, I answer questions with it, I would not like to be without it. I didn't find the learning curve to be very steep, but it does help to go through the lessons included with the software.

Blog Entries
    I only bought one EQ7 and have it on my laptop and my desktop, installed online from one serial number. Two active installs at one time, and unlimited activation. Glitch? Weird.

I take my laptop to guild. We use it to design our fundraiser quilts with EQ7 on my laptop. Everyone takes a turn re designing and coloring.
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 10-17-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Got fabric?

All of the above. I love playing with EQ7 and have never regretted getting it. You might try out the scaled down version called Quilt Wizard to see how you'll like it. I believe I picked mine up for around $30 and I think it's available at JoAnn's so you could probably use a coupon.

Blog Entries
    I have it and really should use it more than I do! I really love working with it! Does have a learning curve but Rhonda here on the board has created some great tutorials for many different parts. SO much easier to learn from her tutes!
    I highly reccomend it!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

I have it and really love it and definatley reccomend it. It is a wonderful tool to use to design a quilt. If the tutes don't do it for you, their are 4 classes at quiltuniversity.com that are excellant. The cost on them is very reasonable, too.

Blog Entries
    I have it and love it. I use it to make some quilt patterns that I like larger and it will figure out the yardage for you. Just did that to a quilt I am making for a raffle for next summer for our church.

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    . Two active installs at one time, and unlimited activation. Glitch? Weird..
    Nope, that's exactly how it's supposed to work.

From the EQ site:
    http://electricquilt.com/online-shop...lt-7/#tabs-top

Activation information

• Internet access is required for activation, deactivation, and periodic validations
    • Unlimited installations
    • Activations can be easily transferred between computers
    • Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active

Blog Entries
    Thanks MTS. I knew I read that before but couldn't find it.
    Got fabric?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast