Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do non-quilters have any idea of the work that goes into a quilt? >

Do non-quilters have any idea of the work that goes into a quilt?

Do non-quilters have any idea of the work that goes into a quilt?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 AM

I have a daughter-in-law that treasures ever quilt I have ever made for her. Our son died 11 years ago and we still keep in touch because we have a granddaughter by her. She is so sentimental and wraps herself up in them every night and just feels like we are together. We live 400 miles away but in our hearts and through the quilts we are always together. I always put a good book in with the quilts when I send them to her so she takes time for herself to snuggle up and relax. I love making her quilts and wallhangings.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:09 PM

When my cousin had her baby last month, the hospital let her pick out a quilt from a woman who donates homemade quilts to the nursery. That is a nice way to get the your love of quilting and helping someone out at the same time. My cousin loved the quilt. She is still wanting me to make one for Elijah, which I am more than happy to do, since it is a family tradition, started with my Gramma. And I am the only quilt maker left in the family. They look to me to continue that tradition, but they are also very thankful that I do continue it. Maybe one day one of the Great grand kids will pick up where I leave off. Only time will tell. Gramma passed away many years ago before I started making quilts so I hope my continuing the tradition makes her proud. I know it brings me alot of fun and pleasure.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 PM

My youngest daughter said to me one day that she is going to have to learn to quilt before I die so she can finish all my UFO's. She is now a nurse practitioner at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota so I hope she is practicing her stitches at work. Hopefully she has lots of time before she has to finish any of my work.