For over 40 years, I'm sewn garments. Then, I took my first quilting class two years ago. I made a small sampler in the class and three full size quilts since then. I think I'm developing the heart of of quilter. I'm becoming as obsessed about quilting as I am about garment sewing. Here's the evidence:
- I recently took my two young nieces to Barnes & Noble. I went immediately to the needlework section and looked at more quilting books than sewing books. (Of course, I already have dozens of sewing books)
- My nieces had to drag me away from the quilting magazines.
- I spend too much time online at sites like Fat Quarter Shop and Keepsake Quilting looking at fabric.
- I search online for independent fabric stores and quilting shops to visit whenever I'm in a new place.
- I have more ideas than time (or skill) to carry them out.
- I'm planning quilts for the nieces mentioned above, even though they probably will have to wait years to get them. I'm also wondering who else I can give a quilt to.
So, tell me, do real quilters do all these things?