Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you double check before buying here? >

Do you double check before buying here?

Do you double check before buying here?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

:oops: :oops: :oops: I have bought books full price at my LQS- but only if I really WANT the book and want it now :lol: LOL But otherwise I shop around :wink:
Old 11-15-2010, 01:13 PM

As with anything, it is buyer beware. Know what you are buying and the best gauge is if you feel it is a fair price for what they are selling, a price YOU are willing to pay. We all have different guages.

I have see some things I'd love to have, but I feel the price is too steep for me. I don't judge them, as there are people who are willing to pay the price.

But there are others I have bought through this forum - especially magazines - that I feel have been very reasonable and I will buy again.

Our classifieds section is awesome. Just keep watching, you will eventually ind something that fits your needs at a price that is within your range.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM

On topic - believe the idiom "beating a dead horse." It is the responsibility of the purchaser to determine if they wish to purchase an item posted by a member. To be a smart consumer you should always check the competition's prices and determine if you want to pay the asking price. If I pay $10 for a box of caramel popcorn from the Cub Scouts that is my decision regardless of the fact that the product isn't worth $10. If a member posts a book you know you can get cheaper from Amazon then don't buy the posted item. I would prefer to believe that the folks on this board are not deliberately trying to cheat their fellow quilters. Naive? Perhaps, but don't always assume the worst about your fellow human. So that's my nickel's worth.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:58 PM

I haven't bought any books from anyone on this site...but if it would be what I wanted and thought it was a reasonable price(because most of these are used books) I would buy it, but I have lots of books already that I don't use. Fabric....lol....we don't have many places to buy fabric here so if I find something I want...I'll just get it.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:10 PM

I have found great deals on patterns and fabrics here. It's often easier to pay the price than look for an identical item. I feel I've always gotten a fair deal here.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:05 PM

I would check, if I think the fabric is readily available.

If I've been looking for it and it's no longer readily available, I know I might not see it again so I'm paying the asking.

And if it means helping someone out, I'm in.

Right now I look at what's for sale, but my stash is too large so I have to really, really need it, can't live without it, covet it, dream about it, have to have it RIGHT NOW!